G-IMAGER’s goal is to create added value through the introduction of high performing Graphene-on-wafer at competitive cost, accelerating innovation for the advanced electronic industry and eventually creating a new product category. This new area of development will make it possible for the European industry to harness this high market potential, fostering competitiveness and creating growth throughout the EU. The consortium proposes this project after an internal Business Innovation Plan, in order to take the CVD Graphene-on-wafer technology a step closer to the market through a new Graphene Imager product. This project will allow GS and EMB to become the worldwide leader as Graphene related electronics producers with the necessary production capacity to supply the industry and the research laboratories. More specifically, the G-IMAGER objectives are:
• To develop ready-to-integrate Graphene-on-wafers for the advanced electronic industry.
• To set up a customized rapid prototyping line and a new “foundry service”.
• To produce a new Graphene Imager product and validate it for industrial acceptance.
• Increase process yield and implement an automated and optimised quality control considering market requirements
• Scale production capacity to more than 10,000 wafers/year to demonstrate commercial feasibility and business growth
GS has validated and patented a highly efficient Graphene-on-wafer production process and its application into electronic devices. The consortium will be able to introduce Graphene Imager products at an industrial scale positively impacting the SWIR camera market of $ 1,100 M. The consortium will become the worldwide leader in Graphene-based advanced electronics and generate a cumulative net income of at least €60 M in four years and +33 jobs.
Fields of science
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIA - Innovation action