The main objective of the MIDAS project is to design and manufacture a smart and fully integrated air data probe (ADP) for SAT applications, characterized by the following features:
• reduced size and weight;
• reduced power consumption;
• improved reliability;
• fully-integrated with the onboard communication bus; • fault tolerant, thanks to the health monitoring functionalities:
The ADP will be delivered after:
• a thorough test campaign for verification and validation of the manufactured system; • environmental requirement verification (Temperature, Vibration, Icing, EMI/EMC).
Quality is ensured by the documented traceability of measurement results.
In order to achieve these targets, the solution will include key enabling innovative technologies such as:
• single Line-Replaceable Unit (LRU) with the capability of communicating with other FBW control system devices through a standard legacy (e.g.
Arinc429, CanBUS Arinc825) and innovative communication bus (e.g. AFDX). As a further step it may be evaluated the introduction of a AFDX over fibre link channel to furtherly drastically reduce wiring weight on the aircraft, signals crosstalk and susceptibility and to increase the overall system reliability; • optimized fail-safe architecture; • innovative air data strategies to implement virtual sensors with the aim to reduce the use of physical probes; • redundant power supply and advanced health monitoring (hardware and
software) based on previous partners’ experience exploiting power-up, initiatial and continuous built-in test; • advanced air data algorithms focused on air data system optimization, based on partners’ previous experience; • anti-ice capability using automatic heater in order to avoid holes occlusion due to ice formation; • complete sensors characterisation, calibration and target uncertainty evaluation.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringsensors
- engineering and technologymechanical engineeringvehicle engineeringaerospace engineeringaircraft
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringautomation and control systems
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCS2-IA - Innovation action
20020 Arese - Mi