ADE (Autonomous DEcision making) objective is develop and test in a representative analogue a rover system suitable to increase data collection, perform autonomous long traverse surface exploration, guarantee fast reaction, mission reliability, and optimal exploitation of resources. ADE specific objectives (WP full coverage):
- Autonomous long range navigation with high reliability. The ADE rover guidance receives a goal location. It is in charge of planning and executing a safe and efficient route to this goal. It locally re-plan to visit new local goals, enabling the ADE to seize scientific opportunities.
- Consistent data detection / avoiding un-detection of interesting data. Interesting environmental features will be detected by the Opportunistic Science agents. ADE includes two instruments that will generate observation conflicts to be solved by ADAM.
- Autonomous decision making capabilities (E4) in presence of conflicts. Key components of ADE is ADAM, Autonomous decision making Module. It is based on the tight integration/update of robotic technologies including the outputs of OG1-OG4. It will autonomously and safely modify the rover nominal plan in case of identification of interesting feature /environmental hazards in compliance with system constraints, on-board resources and temporal restrictions.
- Demonstration in a representative environment. ADE will be tested in incremental manner till full representative analogue. Its components, ADAM and the ADE avionic, represent a step ahead in technologies applicable to multiple scenarios. The ADE demonstrator represents a breakthrough wrt the way rovers will explore unknown hostile environments, both in space and on Earth. OG10 will maintain OG2.
- Dissemination/communication & Exploitation. Dedicated Plans are elaborated inc. direct consultation with stakeholders.
- Collaboration/harmonization with other Call 2 OGs teams. Through the I/F Engineer. The ADE team is open to share developments in common element
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeRIA - Research and Innovation action
31520 Ramonville Saint Agne
EC4A 4AB London