DIH^2 is a network of 26 DIHs, with a target to reach over 170 DIHs. The sole aim of the network is to spark incremental (cut 50% cost of advance robotics solutions, double the growth of robotics market) and disruptive (maximum productivity & optimum agility) innovations in over 300,000 Manufacturing SMEs and Mid-Caps. It will support SMEs in their Agile Production challenge (50% increase in productivity) and unleash their digitalization potential by enabling robot solutions that are more cost effective at lower lot sizes.
DIH^2 relies on:
• A Common Open Platform Reference Architecture for Agile Production (COPRA-AP) -based on Industrial Data Space Reference Architecture Model and FIWARE technologies- to serve the needs of SMEs by means of a continuously growing set of Robotic-based Open Standard Enablers (ROSE-AP).
• A marketplace as one-stop-shop for SMEs to access essential services for digital transformation including business modelling, technical support, access to skills and finance.
• 2 competitive Open Calls to launch an ambitious Technology Transfer Program with 260 Agility Audits, 26 cross-border Technology Transfer Experiments and 26 ROSE-AP, leveraging over 26M€ of public & private funding in advance robotics solutions for Agile Production.
• Members deeply rooted in their regional Smart Specialization Strategy (bringing €5M additional funding on top of EU funds), ensuring ‘working distance’ services for every SME in Europe - whichever the sector, wherever the location, whatever the size.
• A Corporate Sponsorship Program from equipment and automation suppliers committed with the network to get access to wider market and latest research in robotics.
DIH^2 will transform this network into a self-sustainable non-profit association with members all over Europe. DIH^2 will demonstrate that public funded research can help SMEs & Mid-Caps achieve digital excellence and global competitiveness through adopting advanced robotics solutions in Agile Production.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
- /social sciences/sociology/governance/public services
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/electronic engineering/robotics
- /social sciences/economics and business/economics/production economics/productivity
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIA - Innovation action
D24 WC04 Rathcoole
4100 414 Porto
9000 Murska Sobota
E1 4UH London
28760 Tres Cantos Madrid