ERIC – European Research Infrastructure Consortium – is a European legal instrument specifically created for European multi-side and multi-country owned Research Infrastructures (RI) in 2009. Since then 18 ERICs have been created in almost all different scientific domains.
The European Commission (EC) had initiated an informal networking event, twice a year, where Managers of existing ERICs and scientists of future RI who want to use the ERIC instrument can discuss shared challenges and meet also national policy makers establishing a platform for exchange of solutions and best practises. With the H2020 call “INFRASUPP-01-2018-2019 Policy and international cooperation measures for research infrastructures” the EC is willing to fund a project for more formal and structural collaboration and coordination of ERICs.
This project is set up by all existing ERICs and those consortia, which have at least submitted their Stage-1 application to implement the objectives of the call:
• aim at strengthening coordination and networking reinforcing the informal ERIC network or its successor framework;
• support the organisation of specific meetings, targeted thematic workshops focussing on shared challenges such as the development of internal procurement rules, harmonised reporting, VAT exemption practices, insurances and pensions policies and training of governance bodies representatives;
• support ERICs in preparation, based on best practices;
• support common communication and outreach activities and strengthening external representation of ERICs' as a stakeholder in consultations and other policy actions that could affect them.
Field of science
- /social sciences/sociology/governance
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA - Coordination and support action
EC1V 0HB London
OX4 2JY Oxford