SoNAR-Global is a global consortium led by social scientists specializing in emerging infectious diseases (EID) and antimicrobial resistance (AMR). It will build a sustainable international social science network to engage the active participation of social sciences and promote complementarity and synergy in the governance of prevention and response to infectious threats and AMR. As such, it will become an integral part of emergency response.
Partnering with major international and regional institutions, it will lead activities through a program that builds governance from the ground up. It will:
• Develop an open-access platform to support the SoNAR-Global activities and to share them broadly.
• Adapt, test, and evaluate vulnerability assessment tools on the ground and engagement models to facilitate collaboration across multiple stakeholders.
• Create, pilot, and evaluate curricula for training social scientists in preparedness and response to infectious threats and through curricular development and piloting social science knowledge of infectious threats among non-social sciences actors.
Field of science
- /medical and health sciences/health sciences/infectious disease
- /social sciences
- /social sciences/sociology/governance
- /medical and health sciences/basic medicine/pharmacology and pharmacy/drug resistance/antibiotic resistance
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA - Coordination and support action
WC1E 6BT London