Safer offshore wind turbine installations
Wind energy based on floating (offshore) wind turbines is becoming increasingly popular. However, demands for their safety, servicing and better prices is also growing. Wind installations based in the sea comprise adhesive connections that must be replaced using the bonding technique. The EU-funded ASSO project will prepare a solid study, testing and evaluating this operation and its numerical procedure accuracy. The project includes the creation of an innovative non-linear mechanical model. It will evaluate the impact of sea water and other physical factors on the state, behaviour and capacity of adhesive connectors. This multidisciplinary project will include experimental tests, a non-linear mechanical model, FEM analysis, knowledge transfer and training.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyenvironmental engineeringenergy and fuelsrenewable energy
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesdatabases
- engineering and technologycivil engineeringstructural engineering
- engineering and technologymechanical engineering
- natural sciencesmathematicsapplied mathematicsnumerical analysis