Brain networks and mapping of neurological disorders
Network science has introduced new opportunities for understanding the brain as a complex system of interacting units in health and disease. Despite the rapidly growing interdisciplinary science of complex networks, it remains a challenge to identify the most representative and shared brain alterations caused by a specific disorder and even more so for the multimodal brain networks where each one is derived from a particular neuroimaging modality. The EU-funded NormNets project will develop a novel technique leveraging the power of geometric deep learning to meet network neuroscience challenges by normalising a population of multimodal brain networks. The project tools will substantially advance the field of network neuroscience by estimating not only an integral but also a predictive mapping of neurological disorders.
Fields of science
- natural sciencesbiological sciencesneurobiology
- medical and health sciencesbasic medicineneurologydementiaalzheimer
- medical and health scienceshealth sciencespersonalized medicine
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesartificial intelligencemachine learningdeep learning
- engineering and technologymedical engineeringdiagnostic imagingmagnetic resonance imaging