The project will develop and implement a PC-based platform to develop applications based on digital signature and secure payment over UMTS handsets leveraging the bandwidth of this protocol. The overall solution will be based in X509v3 certificates stored, beside their corresponding private keys, in a crytographic Smart Card. Finally the project will develop two prototypes to test and asses the @DAN platform.
The development of:
1. A high secure mobile platform to support the digital economy.
2. Two prototypes, developed using the platform and related handset, methods and tools:
a) An application that will allow the access to the following functionalities in the UPF Virtual Campus. Signature of administrative and economics affairs and managerial authorities. Edit, encrypt and sign electronic mail. Explore the master and post graduate offer of courses and seminars, select a course, registration and payment.
b) An application that will provide all types of services necessary to obtain demand forecast by the executives of any kind of organisations, with the characteristics that have this.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
@DAN, an AdvANced and high secure mobile platform to support the digital economy, will produce:
1. A secure mobile platform to support developments of m-commerce applications, specially these ones pertaining to the field of the digital economy. Specifically, this platform will provide two basic functionalities: digital signature and secure payments based on a smart card. Each one of the components will be produced by a relevant expert in the field.
2. The platform and related tools produced will be used for the development of two prototypes. These prototypes will comprise an spectrum of functionalities that will prove the necessary capacities of the platform. The prototypes will be produced by two different universities which has showed in the past their skills in the subject.
3. This two prototypes, will be tested and assessed by different industrial and services end users organisations. This assessment will be conducted by an SME that has many interests in the commercialisation of the results obtained.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
OX2 8DR Oxford