Within the support action lifetime of 24 months and expending 134.5 person months, the V-CES consortium will implement, validate and improve a virtual cost engineering studio service catering to the needs and wants of those professionals, whose responsibility is the expert planning and cost-management of efforts by their companies to develop new products.
V-CES offers them a multi-facetted service comprising such features:
- powerful internet browser accessed tool to assist the development of timely, accurate cost estimates (V-CES mentor) for more holistic, creative, resource efficient, and collaborative approaches to product development
- training of novice cost engineers in all cost engineering techniques, e.g. parametric, bottom up, expert judgment based, and analogy based cost engineering-I earning from best practice cases for all cost engineering approaches/techniques
- one stop shop for public available information relevant to cost estimation leading to more creative, more timely fulfilment of cost engineering tasks
- participation in a European virtual community to interact with colleagues and experts to learn from experiences of others and to establish informal and formal relationships
- user centred, multi lingual, virtual working and learning environment
- customisation to requirements of automotive, aerospace and semiconductor equipment industry.
Through V-CES services the users will need 25% less time to do accurate estimations. As a result, their companies benefit through the timely knowledge of their true bottom line costs and so gain a competitive edge. On a macro level, it will also make the best practice accessible to the suppliers and help achieve better OEM - supplier integration. Overall, V-CES will strengthen Europe's competitive position by developing collaborative technologies and best practice methodologies for extended product development approaches.
Funding SchemeSSA - Specific Support Action
10043 Orbassano (To)
MK43 0AL Cranfield
RG27 9JY Osborn Way Hook