The main goal of IST-EC 2 is to improve research cooperation between Canadian and European R&D communities in the fields of the Information Society Technologies. It is anticipated that this improvement will enhance access of Canadian and EU researchers to the world's best facilities, equipment, talent, knowledge and cost-sharing mechanisms, increase the speed and quality of the research activities, and improve the potential for timely commercialization of research results.
To achieve this, IST-EC 2 will create, animate and maintain a platform enabling Canadian and European R&D experts to network with other colleagues, to share experience and best practices, to have access to relevant information in order to initiate joint R&D activities. IST-EC 2 will supplement this collaborative platform with a number of physical events allowing researchers to meet face to face.
The benefits of IST-EC 2 will be the following:
- Assist organizations in identifying project partners for potential collaboration.
- Coordinate and organize events related to specific technology topics of importance for IST-EC 2 for helping researchers to comprehend the benefits of joint research.
- Gather and disseminate useful information for enabling Canadian and European organizations to participate in joint R&D activities.
- Build and support a joint EU-Canadian research community and provide personalized mentoring to principals involved.
- Promote joint research activities on the long-term between EU and Canada.
- Create a model for supporting joint research projects between the EU and third countries.
Funding SchemeSSA - Specific Support Action
H3A 1B9 Montreal
K2H 8S2 Ottawa
75634 Paris 13
75020 Paris 20
K1A 0R6 Ottawa
K1A 1H5 Ottawa,ontario