The aim of this proposal is to involve researchers of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAS) and five top technical universities (RTU) based chiefly around Moscow and St Petersburg in EC research proposals under the IST Priority.
This will be achieved by:
(1) Identifying research teams in Russia and Western Europe with potential to collaborate by
- identifying the communities of West European researchers from which many IST consortia form
- identifying the corresponding research teams within the RAS, especially those interested and willing to collaborate with EU research teams and
- selecting technical areas to promote collaboration, based on items (a) and (b) and on priorities for EU-Russia collaboration identified at the political level (for Russia, in the EU-Russia "Plan for Action for SandT Cooperation with Russia", currently in preparation; for the EU, as identified in the IST Priority Workprogramme)
(2) Promoting Russia-EU partnering through
- presentation of RAS research projects and results at conferences attended by the West European communities identified in (1) above
- introduction of RAS researchers to West European researchers at these events by West European "gatekeepers": people active over many years in EC research projects and with many contacts within specific communities, and
- continuing support to RAS research teams in their efforts to partner with West European researchers, especially with advice on the operation of the Framework Programme.
The results of the project will be twenty proposals submitted to the IST Priority including RAS/RTU researchers. In addition, staff (Vice directors, research managers, finance managers and European liaison officers) of 25 RAS Institutes or universities will have received training in Framework Programme benefits and procedures, so providing a foundation for further joint EU-Russia proposals to the IST Priority.
Funding SchemeSSA - Specific Support Action