Mobile communications and Internet technologies are enabling the access to new e-government services at any time and anywhere. However, we believe that current technology is not sufficient to promote the access to the most appropriate service at any time. This project focuses on a new open platform for mobile government services, supporting usability, openness, interoperability, scalability, thus facilitating service deployment and access, as well as attractive business models satisfying service providers, public authority and citizens.
In particular, mobile services should:
- address specific users needs, with different background, age and interests, overcome bureaucratic barriers, enhance quality of life for citizen and help private companies to streamline their business activities.
- feature a high level of usability and user friendliness, allowing for easy search of information considering location, context and user interests.
- be easy to configure and deploy, not depending on expensive software-hardware products or demanding technological skills, allowing for shared use of technical resources and content.
- be cost-efficient to the public entity, create revenue to service providers, but also affordable to service users.
-·exploit opportunities for the promotion of local companies and support public authorities in their initiatives that aim at increasing competitiveness of local economical agents.
Work will be based on a few selected service types with universal applicability and potential impact for different countries and regions. The main outcomes will be:
1. Open Service Platform for Mobile Government: satisfying the most critical interoperability and scalability requirements and shared use,
2. Attractive Business Models for Mobile Government: satisfying specific interests of all kinds of service providers and end-users,
3. Recommendations for service planning exploring opportunities for regional development and support to local businesses.
Funding SchemeSTREP - Specific Targeted Research Project
4920-296 Vila Nova De Cerveira
28108 Alcobendas, Madrid
31312 Labege Cedex