Games@Large vision is to provide new system architecture for Interactive Multimedia which will enhance existing CE devices such as, Set Top Boxes and other Devices which are lacking both the CPU power and the graphical performance to provide a rich user experience. Games@Large further aims to provide the solutions based on the above architecture in a low-cost fashion, in order to make it attractive for both business and consumers to implement the various solutions. Games@Large will optimise the sharing of CPU power and Storage while using Wi-Fi methods for wireless communication.
Games at Large intends to research, develop and implement a new architecture to provide users with a richer variety of entertainment experience in their entire house, hotel room, cruise ships and Internet Cafe- incorporating unprecedented ubiquitous game-play. Games@Large intends to enable the Games to diversify from dedicated appliances and a single corner of the house, to any place at home such as the TV in the living room, the hand-held device or any other device with a relevant screen, controls and connectivity. The project will also provide the required infrastructure for running games on the hotel's guest room TV or on small screens for people sitting in the Internet Cafe cruse ships, trains or airplanes.
The technological challenges in the Games@Large projects are: Distributed computing and storage, Video/Image/Graphics delivery with very low latency through a wired/wireless home network, Adaptation of PC screen images to TV screen and hand-held devices, Integration of wireless users' game control devices, Translation of user ergonomics to different devices and form factors, Research of new class of Media Extenders for games
Enhancement of STBs to support video games, Development of new methods for QoS linking Consumers' prospective with system measurements and Enhancement of relevant industry standards for time critical multimedia content while maximising Users Experience.
Fields of science
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringelectronic engineeringcomputer hardwarecomputer processor
- humanitiesartsmodern and contemporary artfilm
- humanitiesartsmodern and contemporary artradio and television
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencesinternet
- engineering and technologyelectrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineeringinformation engineeringtelecommunicationswireless
- natural sciencescomputer and information sciencessoftwareapplication softwarevideo games
Funding SchemeIP - Integrated Project
69513 Tel Aviv
5616 LW Eindhoven
26500 Rio Patras
5612 AZ Eindhoven