MINAmI addresses AmI applications where personal mobile devices act as a gateway to AmI. MINAmI vision makes the user progressively be in control of his AmI environment, then interact with everyday objects to monitor and control environmental or health parameters.
MINAmI develops tools, methodologies and an open platform and implement these technologies into real devices/systems in demonstrators. Ethics and privacy issues linked to AmI will be strongly assessed as well as user acceptance of the solutions. MINAmI multidisciplinary and participatory design approach will reduce the time to adopt AmI disruptive concept, facilitating a constant dialogue between technology and application developers, end users and application field experts.
The open platform previously developed in MIMOSA will be enriched in MINAmI as new technologies offer more functionalities for wider applications. Micro-Nano smart devices with enhanced short range connectivity will be developed and validated through field trials in wide and transverse applications, from consumer to niche markets.
The main technical focus in MINAmI is in the development of:
- mass storage RF tags based on low power innovative technologies
- active event sensitive tag technology including new low-cost time reference
- low-cost/low-power sensors and actuators including nanosensors, 9D integrated Inertial Measurement Unit and 3D distributed vision systems
In MINAmI, a global platform taking into account the constraints of integration, industrialisation and compatibility with advanced CMOS platforms will integrate these technologies. MINAmI links demonstration, validation and exploitation. Service providers and companies will develop and support the applications in pre-competitive products that include:
- drugs monitoring and conditioning
- health monitoring and homecare
- assistive listening device
- data downloading from passive tags
- ambient sensors for friendly home applications
- virtual optical user interface
Funding SchemeIP - Integrated Project
27120 Houlbec Cocherel
20041 Agrate Brianza