The overall aim of CAIR4HEALTH is to strengthen and exploit research results obtained by European and other projects related to air quality and health impact in relation to key European sustainable development action plans and strategies. In so doing CAI R4HEALTH will aid the review and horizon-scanning process for key action plans including the Environment and Health Action Plan. It will examine the research and policy-related outputs from clusters, networks, projects and expert groups including those represented by CLEAR and AIRNET.
The aim will be achieved through the following specific objectives:
1. To identify the remaining knowledge gaps in the field of air pollution and health in relation to the objectives of Environment & Health Action Plan.
2. To identify the technology development and deployment needs in the area of air pollution and health impact mitigation, in the context of implementation of the Environmental Technology Action Plan.
3. To identify the R&D needs to facilitate the implementation of the Thematic Strategy on the Urban Environment for improving the quality of life in urban areas in the context of air quality and health impact.
4. To identify research needs and knowledge gaps in relation to the CAFE Thematic Strategy o n Air Quality and its future requirements.
5. To support the Commission by providing advice on its R&D priorities to be implemented through mechanisms such as the forthcoming 7th Framework programme.
6. To facilitate the interaction, dissemination and future development of air quality and health programmes, clusters and networks.
7. To enhance the global dissemination of air quality and health results for all European stakeholders.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call