The project aims to enhance research capacities on nanotechnology, multi-functional materials and advanced applications. Material innovations and advances are created on the multi-functional nano-composites concerning superionic conduction; hybrid H+/O2-conduction; nano-composite ionics; and next generation fuel cell technology.
The project objectives are:
- To extend the existing Turkish cooperation and Sino-Swedish IT/LTSOFC (intermediate and low temperature solid oxide fuel cell) network with prominent research institutions in EU; to network research cooperation and joint activities; to develop centres? infrastructure and research or innovation strategies.
- exchanging and sharing personnel, information, resources and research methodologies.
- training researchers and organizing the seminars, organize research plan and explore new research subjects on the related areas; senior researchers' visits to strength and develop research links with EU institutions, improve research methodologies and skills.
- Various joint PhD and Postdoctoral programs build highly qualified, well-trained research team and bring new skills together; to expose centre fellows/scientists and students from different cultural and scientific background; through various means of supports to increase women students/scientists in the centre.
- enhancing its research infrastructures, thus, raising the capabilities and standards of the centre to EU level, mobilize the existing human and material resources in the centre, promoting the trans-tech. and research achievements to industry and to establish new ways of production research in cooperation with China and Turkey.
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/fuel cell
- /engineering and technology/materials engineering/nanocomposites
- /natural sciences/chemical sciences/inorganic chemistry/inorganic compounds
- /engineering and technology/nanotechnology
- FP6-NMP - Nanotechnologies and nanosciences, knowledge-based multifunctional materials and new production processes and devices: thematic priority 3 under the 'Focusing and integrating community research' of the 'Integrating and strengthening the European Research Area' specific programme 2002-2006.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeSSA - Specific Support Action