The major objectives of this Specific Support Action are to: - promote the role played by the Framework Programme in enabling International Cooperation on Global Change and Ecosystems research; - and to facilitate the uptake of the results of the research being carried out. This will be done by using a combined approach of awareness-raising and networking activities.
The project will focus in particular on two groups of Third Countries: Africa and the Newly Independent States since enhanced cooperation with these third countries would have a high impact of on the implementation of both the Research and Sustainable Development policies of the European Union. In order to have direct access to the Environmental scientific community a consortium has been composed of National Contact Points, International Organisations and National Information Points, spanning across Europe, Africa and the Newly Independent Sates.
The awareness-raising activities will involve the dissemination of information on:
- the projects funded by the 6th Framework Programme in priority 6.3 'Global Change and Ecosystems' and which include partners from Third Countries;
- R&D players and networks in Europe and Third Countries.
The consortium will produce dedicated communication tools for this purpose, adapting them to the different target groups identified and disseminating them in the European Union, Candidate Countries, Associated Countries and Third Countries.
The networking activities aim to build interfaces/linkages between
- the European scientific community and the Third Country scientific community;
- the scientific and the development cooperation communities;
- the network of National Contact Points to other networks in Third countries who are active in the promotion of the Framework Programme or could potentially play this role.
The dissemination and networking activities will pave the way to an enhanced cooperation with Third Countries in FP7.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeSSA - Specific Support Action
Dar Es Salaam