The Western Balkan countries INCO-NET assists to develop the relationship between the EU and the WBCs in the area of science and technology (S&T). The project supports the Steering Platform on Research for the Western Balkan Countries in the facilitation of interaction between the Western Balkan countries, the EU Member States, states associated to the Framework Programmes for RTD and the European Commission. The Steering Platform is a strategic body designed to deal with European, multilateral and regional issues of science and technology policies in and with the WBCs.
The core objectives of WBC-INCO.NET are:
- to support the regional as well as bi-regional dialogue on science and technology (S&T) by benefiting from and interacting with the Steering Platform on Research for the WBC, the European Commission as well as other stakeholders and projects in the area,
- to identify regional and bi-regional RTD potentials and priorities for take-up in regional and European programmes in a transparent and methodologically sound way,
- to enhance participation of researchers from the region in European projects of mutual interest and benefit by implementing capacity building measures on a structural and individual level and by accompanying networking activities,
- to increase visibility of WBC researchers in the European Research Area in thematic priorities and through the representation at EU-level conferences,
- to analyse and support the innovation systems, innovation needs and innovation infrastructures in the region, and
- to analyse cooperation national and international research infrastructures, patterns of WBC in regional and European funding programmes and related barriers to cooperation, and
- to provide a platform to exchange information among stakeholders in the region via a web-platform, regular newsletters, journals and social media.
The preparation of evidence-based input and decision-making basics for the deliberations conducted under the bi-regional and regional dialogue is a major asset of this project.
The 29 partners, ministries of science, RTDI and economy, respective agencies and research institutes from Western Balkan Countries as well as EU Member States and Associated Countries, carry out surveys and studies, organise trainings and brokerage events, visit conferences in the region and the EU Member States, communicate with international stakeholders and officials, prepare policy papers and guidelines, and implement dissemination activities towards national and international stakeholders in order to enhance the impact of project activities – targeting the European Commission, ERA-NETs or NCP projects as well as strategic initiatives by international stakeholders such as EUREKA, the Central European Initiative and the EU Strategy for the Danube Region.
European integration and harmonisation of approaches are main aims behind WBC-INCO.NET.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA-CA - Coordination (or networking) actions