The overall impact from SUSPLAN is contribution to a substantially increased share of renewable energy sources (RES) in Europe at an acceptable level of cost, thereby increasing security of supply and competitiveness of RES industry. The results will ease PAN-European harmonisation and lead to a more integrated European energy market.
The main objective is to develop guidelines for more efficient integration of RES into future infrastructures as a support for decision makers at regional as well as Pan-European level. The guidelines shall consist of strategies, recommendations, criteria and benchmarks for political, infrastructure and network decision makers and power distributors with a time perspective 2030-2050.
The guidelines will be established by:
(i) Performing comparative scenario analysis in selected representative regions and at a trans-national level based on real data, comprehensive multi-disciplinary knowledge and by using advanced quantitative models. The scenario studies will cover technical, market, socio-economic, legal, policy as well as environmental aspects.
(ii) Application of a bottom-up approach by comparing regional and trans-national possibilities, challenges and barriers.
(iii) Systematic evaluation and comparison of the future possibilities for development.
(iv) Generalisation of the results.
Through this process SUSPLAN will contribute to:
- Improve and harmonise knowledge and consciousness in the different regions of EU regarding how to achieve more efficient integration of RES into future infrastructures
- Make information easily available for all interested actors regarding scenarios for a sustainable development of the European energy system.
The results will be disseminated by active participation of relevant actors from the representative regions in the project, by workshops, a web-page with open reports with results and a database with all data, which is possible to make open.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/economics/sustainable economy
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/renewable energy
- /social sciences/other social sciences/social sciences interdisciplinary/sustainable development
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCP - Collaborative project (generic)
03 160 Warszawa
HS1 2BW Stornoway
101 00 Praha 10