The Small Air Transport (SAT) focuses on the new mode affordable, accessible, energy effective component of Air Transport System. It fills niche between Surface and Scheduled Air Transport.
This future SAT system will provide a wide choice of transportation mode - and the wider use of small aircraft, served by small airports, to create access to more communities in less time.
The goal of the proposal is to demonstrate contributing to an improved understanding of the role that small-size aircraft operating on scheduled or non-scheduled flights can play as a component of the Air Transport System to satisfy the needs of transportation in regions where transport networks are underdeveloped.
Main issues of the SAT-Rdmp Study (CSA-SA) proposal are:
• Definition of a common vision of the small aircraft transport system for inter-regional mobility through the identification of the corresponding requirements. The requirements will identify the technology needs and regulatory issues to be addressed.
• Definition of a business case compliant to the identified requirements which describes the relations among all the system’s components.
• Assessment of current capabilities versus the ATS demand, collection of previous results and involvement of the stakeholders in Europe among all actors (manufacturers, research establishment, EASA, airspace users, infrastructure providers, airport managers, small aircraft service providers).
• Definition of a roadmap to fill the technology/regulatory/operative gaps in order to fulfill the requirements considering the current capabilities. Identification of dissemination actions and establishment of a network of stakeholders.
• Assessment of risks and benefits of the identified new system’s concept.
Field of science
- /social sciences/social and economic geography/transport/transport planning/air traffic management
- /social sciences/economics and business
- /social sciences/social and economic geography/transport
- /engineering and technology/mechanical engineering/vehicle engineering/aerospace engineering/aircraft
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA-SA - Support actions
2632 DS Nootdorp
SE9 3LE London