The central goal of MAP2ERA is to reinforce the international research cooperation between Morocco’s leading institute in medicinal & aromatic plants research NIMAP and ERA in the critically important areas (specifically FP7 Themes as “Food, Agriculture and Fisheries, Biotechnology”, Environment and Health). This goal will be attained through pursuit of the following specific objectives:
• O.1: To widen and reinforce direct links between leading research teams of NIMAP and best relevant European research organizations by conducting a series of networking and partnering events, and facilitating direct mobility of scientists aimed at initiating new joint projects (including Joint Research Programme) and ideas exchange.
• O.2: To build the cooperation capacity in NIMAP by providing a comprehensive training to members of the Moroccan research institute to develop/enhance their skills and competences with regard to building international research partnerships (including acquiring and participating in FP7 projects), as well as other important complementary research competences.
• O.3: To guarantee the sustainability and long-lasting positive effect of the project by developing a comprehensive Development Strategy of NIMAP aiming at significant strengthening of the role the Institute plays in meeting the national socio-economic challenges & regional/international research activities.
MAP2ERA brings together the best partners from ERA & Morocco: NIMAP (the leading MAP research institue in Morocco) will be directly supported through its European twinning partner ICSN, Europe’s best research institution in natural products chemistry & biology with research interests and capacities ideally matching NIMAP's. UA (with long-standing expertise in international project management and its vast network of partner ) and GIRAF (specialist training provider, project management expert with expertise in institutional development & organisation) usefully complement the consortium.
Field of science
- /agricultural sciences/agriculture, forestry, and fisheries/fisheries
- /agricultural sciences/agriculture, forestry, and fisheries
- /agricultural sciences/agriculture, forestry, and fisheries/agriculture
- /social sciences/other social sciences/social sciences interdisciplinary/sustainable development
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA-SA - Support actions