Digital Libraries and Digital Preservation
DigiBIC is a 30 months project focused on the deployment of best practice, tools and results from FP6, FP7 and national research projects in cultural heritage, digital libraries and preservation to the wider Creative Industry (CI) sector and in particular to small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs).
The following activities are planned over the duration of the project:
- Creation of an open and interactive network of players in the Creative Industry sector involving all EU countries – SMEs, large industry players, support organisation, policy leaders, researchers etc.
- In the initial phase of the project, the DigiBIC project will focus on the deployment of results from 12 FP6/FP7 projects in Digital Libraries and Content (3D-COFORM, CINeSPACE, EPOCH, iTACITUS, EASAIER, MEMORIES, MultiMATCH, PAPYRUS, Treble-CLEF, PRESTOSPACE, PRESTOPRIME, and LIWA).
- The results of these projects which are ready for deployment to SMEs will be presented through the DigiBIC online platform. SMEs and CI clusters will be invited to participate in offline and online training to better understand the opportunities for deployment and a widespread promotional campaign and DigiBIC workshops will be organised in every European country. One-to-one support will be provided to interested end-users to support deployment of results.
- In the second phase of the project, results from other European, and national research projects in ICT based memory preservation services will be deployed through the DigiBIC process.
- Finally, the results of the DigiBIC process and feedback from the different stakeholders will be presented to policy makers through reports and a final dissemination event.
Field of science
- /social sciences/sociology/governance/public services
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCSA - Coordination and support action
4362 Esch Sur Alzette
1200 BB Hilversum
811 08 Bratislava