Community Research and Development Information Service - CORDIS

Final Report Summary - NANOTRAINFORGROWTH (INL Fellowship programme in nanotechnologies for biomedical, environment and food applications.)

This is the final report covering the period of the project from 01/01/2013 to 31/12/2017 of the INL NanoTRAINforGrowth Fellowship programme (in nanotechnologies for biomedical, environment and food applications) financed under the People Programme – Marie Curie Cofunding of Regional, National and International Programmes (COFUND) under the 7th Framework Programme of the European Community.
The International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory´s (INL) Post-doctoral fellowship programme allowed for experienced researchers (from all over the world and nationality) to sketch out a research project and work on their own research idea, at INL´s Facilities. Fellows have access to a completely new state-of-the-art infrastructure and have the opportunity to enhance their expertise via a research project, in a scientific topic of their choice, and that is well within INLs strategic research and technological development areas. The NanoTRAINforGrowth COFUND programme funded 24 fellows. A 2 year employment contract was offered to each fellow.

The International Iberian Nanotechnology Laboratory’s (INL) post-doctoral programme was designed to support the career development of researchers by enhancing their research experience and to integrate them in world class research facilities, in a stimulating research environment with state-of-the art equipment and excellent performing research groups. INL´s Nanotrainforgowth COFUND programme was focused in 4 main research areas: 1) Nanomedicine; 2) Environmental & Food Control. 3) Nanoelectronics and 4) Nanomachines & Nanomanipulation.

In total, during the 60 months of contract duration, the NanoTRAINforGrowth launched 5 calls and 24 fellows from eight nationalities were hired.
The project´s objectives were achieved. The main deviation were the number of published calls is comparison to the workplan in Annex I of the Grant Agreement. We were only expecting to launch 2 calls for the total duration of the project and a total of 5 calls had to be launched. All the calls were launched and closed.

No recommendations were made in the previous review.

Facts & Figures of the NanoTRAINforgrowth programme for the contract duration until month 60 are:

• Five calls for proposals were launched;
• 24 fellows were hired;
• Post-doctoral experience of the recruited fellows are distributed as follow: 20% with 4 years’ experience; 60 with less than 4 years and 20% with more than 4 year’s experience;
• Fellows come from 8 different nationalities: 60% are coming from the EU and the remaining 40% are coming from Asia and South America;
• 2 fellows resigned;
• All calls were largely disseminated. Actually, huge efforts were on disseminating each of the calls. Dissemination means were through websites, research jobsearch engines; personal contacts, targeted emails, specialized journals and events;
• 2 trainings were done in collaboration with Porto Business School “From the Lab to the Market”. The trainings were focused on the following complementary skills: Competences & Ethics;
Management & Leadership; Strategy & Marketing; Finance & Accounting and Innovation & Entrepreneurship.

Website programme:ntg.inl.int

Related information

Documents and Publications

Reported by

LABORATORIO IBERICO INTERNACIONAL DE NANOTECNOLOGIA
Portugal

Subjects

Life Sciences
Follow us on: RSS Facebook Twitter YouTube Managed by the EU Publications Office Top