BIO-INSPIREProject reference: 607051
Funded under :
BIO INSPIRED BONE REGENERATION
Total cost:EUR 3 807 344,97
EU contribution:EUR 3 807 344,97
Call for proposal:FP7-PEOPLE-2013-ITNSee other projects for this call
Funding scheme:MC-ITN - Networks for Initial Training (ITN)
BIO-INSPIRE will develop a new horizon in Orthopaedic Therapy by:
1. Development of a technology platform that consists of new bio-active and bio-mimetic materials and their therapeutic applications for bone regenerative purposes.
2. Training of the next generation of leading Tissue Engineering scientists in a multi-disciplinary way, leading them towards excellence in individual disciplines in combination with a multidisciplinary, holistic view on the (bone tissue) biological systems to be studied.
The consortium consists of a unique alliance of carefull selected Partners with a high reputation in a set of complementary disciplines (as required for a multi-disciplinary program in the field of bone regeneration) consisting of Fraunhofer, Medicyte (field of Cell therapy), Fujifilm Life Science (Bio-Materials), ISTEC (Bone Mineralisation), Erasmus MC (Growth Factors), Un of Bologna, Bone Therapeutics (Orthopaedic Therapy).
This combination provides a unique multidisciplinary research environment for 16 hosted Fellows.
The industrial participation is high, being the coordinator and chairing the project and hosting 8 Fellows out of 16 Fellows, immersing those Fellows in both an academic and an industrial research setting.
This project will provide:
- A new generation of scientists, capable to participate in multi-disciplinary, pan-European project teams, mastering their individual disciplines in combination with a multi-disciplinary, holistic view.
- A new class of bio-material prototypes, bio-mimetic, triggering cascades of bone regenerative processes, ready for clinical trials beyond BIO-INSPIRE for a variety of therapeutic needs.
- A robust pan-European network for development of bio-mimetic materials, consisting of Academic and Industrial participants, acting as an European Network for Innovation and Education for talented scientists in the field of tissue regenerative technologies and medical therapies.
EU contribution: EUR 1 257 131,15
5047 TK TILBURG
Tel.: +31 652374263
EU contribution: EUR 509 175,92
PIAZZALE ALDO MORO 7
Tel.: +39 0 546 699759
EU contribution: EUR 789 147,04
Tel.: +49 89 1205 2728
EU contribution: EUR 247 861,46
's Gravendijkwal 230
EU contribution: EUR 137 628,48
Im Neuenheimer Feld 581
Tel.: +49 62217292530
EU contribution: EUR 368 225
RUE ADRIENNE BOLLAND 8
6041 GOSSELIES CHARLEROI
Tel.: +32 25295866
Fax: +32 25295993
EU contribution: EUR 498 175,92
VIA ZAMBONI 33
Tel.: +39 0516366567