BIO-INSPIRE will develop a new horizon in Orthopaedic Therapy by:
1. Development of a technology platform that consists of new bio-active and bio-mimetic materials and their therapeutic applications for bone regenerative purposes.
2. Training of the next generation of leading Tissue Engineering scientists in a multi-disciplinary way, leading them towards excellence in individual disciplines in combination with a multidisciplinary, holistic view on the (bone tissue) biological systems to be studied.
The consortium consists of a unique alliance of carefull selected Partners with a high reputation in a set of complementary disciplines (as required for a multi-disciplinary program in the field of bone regeneration) consisting of Fraunhofer, Medicyte (field of Cell therapy), Fujifilm Life Science (Bio-Materials), ISTEC (Bone Mineralisation), Erasmus MC (Growth Factors), Un of Bologna, Bone Therapeutics (Orthopaedic Therapy).
This combination provides a unique multidisciplinary research environment for 16 hosted Fellows.
The industrial participation is high, being the coordinator and chairing the project and hosting 8 Fellows out of 16 Fellows, immersing those Fellows in both an academic and an industrial research setting.
This project will provide:
- A new generation of scientists, capable to participate in multi-disciplinary, pan-European project teams, mastering their individual disciplines in combination with a multi-disciplinary, holistic view.
- A new class of bio-material prototypes, bio-mimetic, triggering cascades of bone regenerative processes, ready for clinical trials beyond BIO-INSPIRE for a variety of therapeutic needs.
- A robust pan-European network for development of bio-mimetic materials, consisting of Academic and Industrial participants, acting as an European Network for Innovation and Education for talented scientists in the field of tissue regenerative technologies and medical therapies.
Field of science
- /medical and health sciences/medical biotechnology/tissue engineering
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeMC-ITN - Networks for Initial Training (ITN)