NIPSEProject ID: 636218
Novel Integration of Powerplant System Equipment
Total cost:EUR 6 235 001,25
EU contribution:EUR 6 235 001,25
Call for proposal:H2020-MG-2014_TwoStagesSee other projects for this call
Funding scheme:RIA - Research and Innovation action
The main objectives of NIPSE are to provide technologies to
- reduce Integrated PowerPlant System development time of future aeroengines by 10%
- enable the 2 to 3% environmental related gains in fuel burn and reduction in emissions looked at by these new aeroengine architectures (especially Ultra High Bypass Ratio and Open Rotor) through improved aeroengine equipment solutions.
The objectives will be achieved through several elements. NIPSE will develop key equipment and capabilities, in particular:
- multivariable optimisation methodologies,
- more efficient heat exchangers,
- smaller equipment, and
- novel electrical and pneumatic interconnections to enable a means of developing better competitive solutions for future aeroengine architectures in a shorter development time.
This will be performed taking into account line maintenance issues to ensure the improvements of aeroengine architecture and associated equipment do not adversely impact the passenger experience.
This is relevant to the work programme in increasing competitiveness of European companies through development of technologies to achieve fast, best solution approaches for installation of aeroengine equipment, allowing securement and enhancement of existing European workload for this equipment, and enhancing exports for Europe.
Development of key technology in equipment definition, installation and optimisation enables existing and future aeroengine technologies to better achieve their goals, thus enhancing European competitiveness within aeroengine market.
Without NIPSE, the true potential of the new aeroengine architectures will not be achieved and societal gains will not be met.
EU contribution: EUR 946 412,50
Route du pont VIII
76700 GONFREVILLE L'ORCHER
EU contribution: EUR 345 000
Rue du Dessous des Berges 58A
EU contribution: EUR 504 575
USINE DE PLANQUIVON
61430 ATHIS DE L ORNE
EU contribution: EUR 595 000
Anthony Fokkerweg 2
EU contribution: EUR 698 250
AVENIDA JOHN LENNON 4
28906 MADRID (GETAFE)
EU contribution: EUR 417 000
GU14 6YU FARNBOROUGH
EU contribution: EUR 972 013,75
ATLANTIC HOUSE AVIATION PARK WEST
BH23 6EW CHRISTCHURCH
EU contribution: EUR 514 250
BVD DU GENERAL MARTIAL VALIN 2
EU contribution: EUR 507 500
1 RUE LOUIS BLERIOT PARC DACTIVITE ANDROMEDE
EU contribution: EUR 735 000
17455 ALIMOS ATHINA