The main objectives of NIPSE are to provide technologies to
- reduce Integrated PowerPlant System development time of future aeroengines by 10%
- enable the 2 to 3% environmental related gains in fuel burn and reduction in emissions looked at by these new aeroengine architectures (especially Ultra High Bypass Ratio and Open Rotor) through improved aeroengine equipment solutions.
The objectives will be achieved through several elements. NIPSE will develop key equipment and capabilities, in particular:
- multivariable optimisation methodologies,
- more efficient heat exchangers,
- smaller equipment, and
- novel electrical and pneumatic interconnections to enable a means of developing better competitive solutions for future aeroengine architectures in a shorter development time.
This will be performed taking into account line maintenance issues to ensure the improvements of aeroengine architecture and associated equipment do not adversely impact the passenger experience.
This is relevant to the work programme in increasing competitiveness of European companies through development of technologies to achieve fast, best solution approaches for installation of aeroengine equipment, allowing securement and enhancement of existing European workload for this equipment, and enhancing exports for Europe.
Development of key technology in equipment definition, installation and optimisation enables existing and future aeroengine technologies to better achieve their goals, thus enhancing European competitiveness within aeroengine market.
Without NIPSE, the true potential of the new aeroengine architectures will not be achieved and societal gains will not be met.
Fields of science
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeRIA - Research and Innovation action
61430 Athis De L Orne
17455 Alimos Athina