TIMONProject reference: 636220
Funded under :
Enhanced real time services for an optimized multimodal mobility relying on cooperative networks and open data
Total cost:EUR 5 605 213
EU contribution:EUR 5 605 213
Call for proposal:H2020-MG-2014_TwoStagesSee other projects for this call
Funding scheme:RIA - Research and Innovation action
Europe would be close to solving problems related to congestion, traffic safety and environmental challenges if people, vehicles, infrastructure and business were connected into one cooperative ecosystem combining integrated traffic and transport management with new elements of ubiquitous data collection and system self-management.
The main objective is increasing the safety, sustainability, flexibility and efficiency of road transport systems by taking advantage of cooperative communication and by processing open data related to travel through a cooperative open web based platform and mobile application, developed with the purpose of delivering information and services to drivers, businesses and Vulnerable Road Users in real time.
The operative objectives will be to:
- Analyse stakeholder’s needs incorporating them in the specification of the transport services delivered by the platform;
- Identify transport open data sources of information and harmonizing this data to be used as real-time information;
- Define and implement and fully distributed global architecture to enable cooperative sensing in ITS;
- Leverage the information gathered from vehicular communications, GNSS and open data by means of artificial intelligence techniques;
- Develop hybrid networks, supporting 802.11p and mobile communications, which will allow assuring a stable communication channel between vehicles and VRU (usually bringing smartphone).
- Empower drivers to deliver data to the platform by leveraging the information generated by their mobile phones exponentially increasing the information available on traffic status.
- Implement ITS services arranged in the following main areas: driver assistance, vulnerable users and multimodal dynamic commuter, enhanced real time traffic information API and TIMON collaborative ecosystem;
- Design two validation environments, a test bed site and another located in an (inter)urban area.
EU contribution: EUR 943 750
AVENIDA DE LAS UNIVERSIDADES 24
EU contribution: EUR 657 000
EU contribution: EUR 500 088
AVINGUDA CARL FRIEDRICH GAUSS 7 PARC MEDITERRANI DE TECNOLOGIA
08860 CASTELLDEFELS BARCELONA
EU contribution: EUR 241 250
VIA GIACOMO PERONI 130
EU contribution: EUR 575 000
BROWNLOW HILL 146
L3 5RF LIVERPOOL
EU contribution: EUR 367 875
KEREK UTCA 80
EU contribution: EUR 278 375
POT ZA BRDOM 100
EU contribution: EUR 750 625
EU contribution: EUR 413 000
KOPITARJEVA ULICA 2
EU contribution: EUR 353 250
RUE DES DEUX EGLISES 37
EU contribution: EUR 525 000
5708 HN Helmond