The event platform Open Forum brings together two top level conferences on software quality and automotive software systems under the same roof in Stuttgart: “Automotive Safety & Security 2010“ and “International SPICE Days 2010“. From 21st to 23rd of June, the participating experts will be discussing the latest ideas and concrete solutions for the important software development challenges, especially in process quality, safety and reliability. Over these two days, Open Forum will be combining cutting-edge presentations with the unique opportunity to meet two expert communities in a single place.
The International SPICE Days present practical experiences in using SPICE to safeguard or improve high levels of quality in software and systems development. The International SPICE Days are the exchange platform for practitioners. They are open for all industry segments.
CALL FOR PAPERS
The International SPICE Days 2010
21 – 23 June 2010, Stuttgart, Germany
The International Software Quality Institute (http://www.isqi.org) together with the International Assessor Certification Scheme (http://www.intacs.info) announces the International SPICE Days 2010.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Higher Levels of SPICE
• how to achieve deployment and acceptance of high level quality processes across the corporation
• how to motivate and empower technical staff and management
• competence development and management
• what is business like at higher levels, what are the indicators, what the returns
Practical Approaches to Key Challenges
• requirements traceability, e.g. software requirements to code and test, requirements across software, hardware, mechanics
• requirements traceability in model-driven approaches
• quality metrics for product and process
• where is the dividing line between process and tool chain
• strategies using automated test environments
• how to handle software architecture issues
• variant handling in requirements management and beyond
• how to conduct effective reviews, decisions, appraisals and product and process level
The Future of SPICE
• developments in the standardisation world
• SPICE for industry domains or different disciplines
• achieving higher levels of SPICE with agile and/or lean development
• experience of SMEs in working with SPICE
• enhancing SPICE assessments with perspectives from other standards, e.g. ISO 26262, ITIL
• SPICE and open source
• SPICE and a common tool infrastructure, e.g. Eclipse intacs.info
SPEAKER BENEFITS AND EXPECTATIONS
• In case we accept your submission, speaker & tutorial speaker will get a ticket for both conferences (excl. Tutorial Day) free of charge.
• In case we accept your submission, you will get a speaker certificate as a proof of experience for iNTACS™ (Experience Evidence).
• “The Best Presentation” will be selected by the conference participants and will be honoured with the “Best Presentation Award”.
• “The Best Paper” will be selected by the program committee and will be honoured with the “Best Paper Award”.
• Accepted papers must be presented at the conference by one of the authors.
• The tutorial / paper presentation must be in English language.
• The paper presentation can be a 40 min presentation (35+5).
• The tutorial can be a half-day tutorial (3 hours) or a full-day tutorial (6 hours).
Abstracts and papers have to be submitted using the submission form. Papers should not exceed 12 pages in length.
If you submit a preliminary edition of your paper, it must not be shorter than 3 pages. Please note that our review
process requires blinded papers. More information on www.spice-days.com.
Submission of abstracts: 16 February 2010
Notification of acceptance: 16 March 2010
Submission of final papers: 30 April 2010
Submission of tutorial and paper slides: 31 May 2010
Conference Chair: Hans-Jürgen Kugler, Lero – The Irish Software Engineering Research Centre
Co-Conference Chairs: Dr. Richard Messnarz, I.S.C.N. GesmbH; Prof. Dr. Kevin Ryan, Lero
Organizer: iSQI GmbH
Organizing Chair: Stephan Goericke, iSQI GmbH
Steering Committee: Klaus Grimm, Daimler AG; Stephan Goericke, iSQI GmbH; Stefan Jähnichen, Präsident Gesellschaft für Informatik / FhG FIRST Berlin; Hans-Jürgen Kugler, Lero; Hans-Christian Reuss, FKFS/IVK, Universität Stuttgart
The Program Committee will be announced on http://www.spice-days.com.
If you want to attend the conference as a participant, sponsor or exhibitor you can register at the conference website.
iSQI GmbH – International Software Quality Institute
Breite Str. 2d, 14467 Potsdam, Germany
Fax +49 331 231810-10
Phone +49 331 231810-19