The following activities should be addresses:
- Promote the objectives of the European Cloud Initiative and of a sound governance structure for the management and the development of the computing and data infrastructures and services, decision making on funding, long-term sustainability and security;
- Establish a communication platform for the dialogue of stakeholders involved in the implementation of the governance of HPC infrastructures across Europe;
- Linking with relevant national and pan-European activities in the field;
- Organize outreach events.
- The action should involve users, implementers and funders, participating in the EU funded activities of HPC and Big Data.
The Commission considers that proposals requesting a contribution from the EU of up to EUR 0.9 million would allow this specific challenge to be addressed appropriately. Nonetheless, this does not preclude submission and selection of proposals requesting other amounts.
Support the governance of the High Performance Computing Infrastructures and the coordination of the relevant public and private stakeholders.
- Efficient governance for the implementation of the HPC infrastructures, and spreading of excellence on HPC and Big Data across Europe, increased awareness of European activities in the field.