The objective is to propose a continuation of the Programme Support Activity (PSA), for the implementation of the Electric Propulsion and Space robotics technologies Strategic Research Clusters (SRCs) in Horizon 2020. The overall budget for such SRCs could be in the range of several tens of millions of euros and should achieve a full in-orbit validation of the electric propulsion systems and Space robotic applications developed at pre-commercial level during the SRCs. This validation is planned to be achieved in the 2021-2027 period.
Further information on the concept of a Strategic research cluster in Horizon 2020 is available at http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/policies/space/research.
The PSA consortia will ensure the coordination and necessary exchange of information and knowledge between the different projects within the Electric Propulsion and Space robotics technologies SRCs, respectively, by providing:
- Assessment of the various activities and results of the respective SRCs projects[[See Article 6 of Guidelines for SRC's, https://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en/opportunities/h2020/topics/compet-03-2014.html]].
- Update of the master plan, as needed, to coordinate all the activities for the duration of the respective SRCs.
- Identification of the activities required to address the challenge of the respective topics.
- Identification and planning of the activities required for in-orbit demonstration and validation.
- Coherence of actions within the fields of Electric Propulsion and Space Robotics respectively with the aim to enhance the competitiveness of the European space industry in these fields on the global market and to ensure validated technologies for potential use in the EU programmes.
Implementation: Two grants to identified beneficiary – Coordination and support action
This grant will be awarded without call for proposals in line with Article 190(1)(e) of the Rules of applications of Regulation (EU, Euratom) 966/2012, Regulation No 1268/2012 and Article 11(2) of the Rules for participation and dissemination in ""Horizon 2020 - the Framework Programme for Research and Innovation (2014-2020)"", Regulation (EU) No 1290/2013.