- Develop a roadmap for increased future research cooperation in HPC
- Identify key HPC application areas and hardware/system requirements per Latin-American country
- Identify relevant national, regional and international funding schemes of HPC in Latin America
- Organise meetings, thematic workshops and summer schools in areas of common interest
- Promote the exchange of best practices between the European and Latin-American HPC research communities
- Improve links between the European and Latin-American HPC research communities
The Commission considers that proposals requesting a contribution from the EU of up to EUR 0.50 million would allow this specific challenge to be addressed appropriately. Nonetheless, this does not preclude submission and selection of proposals requesting other amounts.
The aim is to develop a strategic partnership in HPC with Latin America enabling closer research cooperation in HPC.
- Development of a realistic HPC research cooperation roadmap with clearly identified application areas, hardware/system requirements and funding schemes
- Improved international cooperation of EU and Latin American research and industrial communities on advanced HPC application development.
- Improved sharing of information and expertise to solve common societal problems with the use of advanced computing.