Most of the components of a plane are manufactured by stamping on flexible die press:- Fluid cell machine- Rubber pad machine compared to the classic deep-drawing, this process is more economic in term of material, operational time and personnel. However, the phase of preparation of the tools represents a complex task increasing the time of setting to the production. Moreover, the manual corrections necessary on the often complex parts increase the cost of these parts. The SEDF 3D envisaged research represents a new step forward in the methodology to modelize and simulate the process of elastoforming parts.
The general goal is to create a simulation method allowing:
- To improve general elastoforming process.
- To facilitate the introduction of the technique of simulation into the fields of production by offering much faster method and tool (using analytical algorithms) and easier to implement (functioning on a PC).
- To reduce the production costs of the tools design.
- To reduce the manual corrections on the parts.
- To improve the modeling of the rubber pads.
Call for proposalData not available
Funding SchemeEAW - Exploratory awards
BD18 1QF Shipley
See on map