In our daily life we use a variety of services and applications, which are scattered within the complex European urban and rural geographic environments. These services are or soon will be electronically organised and supported. Transport plays a major role in our interaction with the services, since in most cases it connects us with them.
"IMAGE aims to provide the users with mobile, personalised location based information on services, how to reach them and how to pay for them with mobile flexible means."
The IMAGE project intends to build on the existing and future infrastructure and know-how in order to get one step ahead from any previous attempt on mobility information to citizens. IMAGE will design and develop an open, modular technical platform (the "IMAGE platform") that will facilitate a win-win e-business environment so as to introduce a holistic approach to end user's, personalised electronic access to useful services for everyday life needs (where travel is a core element).
The main objectives of the project are:
- to design and develop an open & modular service platform, which is a transparent central point co-ordinates both end user data (user request) and service provider data (provider response);
- to develop advanced key services, such as navigation, localisation and e-commerce services, and facilitate the easy integration between them;
- to re-organise the business models and relationships by introducing a new business role, the Mobility AGENT, that intermediates between the actors involved in the service delivery (the network of content/service/product providers and end users);
- to verify the integrated platform and the inter-operation between Agents of different test-beds;
- to prove the feasibility of the proposed platform through a thorough financial and marketing analysis and;
- to facilitate the further implementation of the IMAGE system across Europe, to devise a strategic plan for achieving this and to provide guidelines for Agent and service providers.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
System Design will identify user groups requirements by reviewing existing work in the field and verify the results through a user forum. It will also designs the IMAGE platform.
The System Development will adopt the relevant architectural specifications. The System Integration & Verification will define test-beds, set-up the contractual agreements with the content providers and define evaluation criteria (at technical, user acceptance and legal/institutional issues level).
The identified AGENT modules will be developed, the prototypes will be integrated and tested and thorough verification will be carried out using two test beds (Finland, and Italy).
Strategic Planning will define the operation guidelines and deliver the final strategic plan for exploitation. It will run throughout the duration of the project with the tasks of identifying end products and delivering its dissemination, business and marketing plans.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
19002 Peania - Attiki
NE1 7RU Newcastle Upon Tyne
55132 Kalamaria - Thessaloniki