1) An all IP-based infrastructure that will incorporate the major indoor and public-outdoor wireless technologies and will explore their interworking by investigating their impact on the performance of real-time and non-real-time multimedia services.
2) A multilayer mobility management infrastructure to efficiently handle mobility for different types of services (real-time or non-real-time multimedia traffic) and inter-access point context transfer capabilities for seamless handoff performance.
3) A robust and scalable AAA infrastructure for fast access granting to multimedia services and integrate it with EVOLUTE’s multilayer mobility management architecture.
4) A high-performance, modular and scalable SIM Access Gateway (SAG) to perform interworking functions between the WLAN and GSM/GPRS/UMTS domains.
5) A SIP-based multimedia service platform incorporating signalling functionality for supporting the creation, operation and management of multimedia sessions over heterogeneous networks.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
RG22 4PD Basingstoke Hants
136 80 Nacka Strand
GU2 7XH Guildford