The partners of the EU funded DIADEM project (www.project-diadem.eu) wish to invite you to attend two workshops taking place in London. This is your chance to discover how we – the DIADEM project - can help older adults to overcome the difficulties they face when using Internet services.
You will also get a opportunity to experience how access to online services for older adults can be potentially improved using the assistive technology we developed. This new technology is designed specifically for older adults experiencing cognitive decline such as weakening of memory and attention.
The workshops will be held on 27 and 28 October 2009 at the Engineering Council UK, 2nd Floor, Conference Room 2, 246, High Holborn, London, WCIV 7EX.
The workshops are free to attend and lunch and tea will be provided for all guests. The participants from older adults community, representatives of older adults, members of the parliament, and application and service providers in both the private and public sectors are expected to attend.
For more information, or to register a place on the workshops, please contact Senaka Fernando at Brunel University at firstname.lastname@example.orgDIADEM Project Participants
The following participants are involved in the DIADEM project:
• Brunel University – project co-ordinators
• Norsk Regnesentral, Oslo, Norway – Norwegian National Computer Centre
• Bluegarden, Oslo, Norway – SME and IT supplier
• MORE, Oslo, Norway – SME and IT supplier
• CSI-Piemonte, Italy – State owned IT services for the Piemonte region
• Sheffield City Council – Public Administration
• Citta Di Torino, Torin, Italy – Public Administration.
DIADEM Project Funding
• Total Project Cost €3m.
• EU Funding towards costs: €1.95m from
• EU Directorate: Information Society & Media – eInclusion priority
• EU FP6 research contract reference 034106
• Funding period September 2006 to December 2009