DG XII answers FAQs about candidate countries and FP5
As there is bound to be considerable interest regarding the participation conditions for partners from countries that are candidates for membership of the European Union, the European Commission, Directorate-General XII, has constructed a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) web-page.
This will be accessible today and tomorrow (25 and 26 February 1999) in Essen, Germany, at the launch conference for the Fifth Framework Programme (FP5) for Research, Technological Development and Demonstration (RTD).
The EFTA countries and Israel, which were associated with FP4, have asked to be associated with FP5 and special arrangements apply for the first calls for proposals (when the association is not yet in force).
The FAQs include:
- 1. Which are the candidates for membership of the European Union that will be associated with FP5?
- 2. Where can I learn more about these countries?
- 3. What is meant by their association with FP5?
- 4. What is the main aim of this association?
- 5. Will the countries participate in all FP5 specific programmes?
- 6. How will the association be decided?
- 7. When can the association be expected to enter into force?
- 8. What are the consequences for the first calls for proposals?
- 9. What measures does the Commission take to promote the creation of new partnerships?
Please send any comments, corrections and additions to:
Rudolf MEIJER, European Commission DG XII