Organic farming in the European Union
A conference on "Organic farming in the European Union - perspectives for the twenty-first century" will be held in Baden/Vienna, Austria, on 27 and 28 May 1999.
Internationally recognised experts from the fields of organic farming and sustainable rural development will attend the conference, and European Commissioners Ritt Bjerregaard and Franz Fischler and the Austrian Ministers Wilhelm Molterer (agriculture and forestry) and Martin Bartenstein (environment) have confirmed their participation.
The conference will include six sessions on:
- Environmental effects of organic agriculture;
- Integration of production, processing and marketing;
- International trade, imports and exports;
- Regional strategies, meeting consumer demands;
- Sustainable rural development;
- Research and innovation in organic farming.
For further information about the conference and hotel registration, please contact:
Mr Mahmut Ciner
Tel. +43-1-58804133; Fax +43-1-5869185
For technical details of the conference, please contact:
Mrs Marisa Sebald
Tel. +43-1-5332818; Fax +43-1-5332818210