The EPoSS General Assembly on 26 September 2012 is for EPoSS members and those who are interested in joining EPoSS. It will comprise reporting on the platform’s activities, operational and financial issues, and the activities of the EPoSS Working Groups, a presentation of future strategies and priority areas, as well as elections of the EPoSS Chairman and Vice Chairmen. Dedicated EPoSS Working Group meetings and a dinner event will complete the first day‘s programme.
The EPoSS Annual Forum “Industrial Leadership and Solutions for Societal Challenges” on 27 September 2012 will be opened by EPoSS Chairman Carmelo Papa, of STMicroelectronics. Invited keynote speakers are
• Robert Plana (confirmed), Head of Research and Innovation Strategy (SSRI) at France’s Directorate-General for Research and Innovation (DGRI),
• Alain Ripart (confirmed), Senior Vice-President and Chief Scientific Officer at Sorin Group CRM,
• Patrick Bastard (confirmed), Vice President Advanced Electronics & New Technologies at Renault,
• Massimo Comparini (confirmed), Chief Technology Officer at THALES ALENIA SPACE,
• Anne-Marie Gué (tbc), Research Director CNRS, Deputy Director at LAAS-CNRS,
• Khalil Rouhana (tbc), Director Components and Systems at the European Commission, DG CONNECT.
The keynote session will be followed by three thematic sessions on
• Smart Systems Leading Tomorrow’s Markets,
• Design and Manufacturing Challenges in Smart Systems Integration,
• Industrial Leadership of Smart Systems and Micro-Nano-Bio Systems.
Following the conference there will be a meeting of the EPoSS Working Group on Key Technologies, a specialist tour of the poster exhibition and a reception.
The EPoSS Engagement Day on 28 September 2012 will focus upon how Smart Systems providers can better connect with user communities. It will start with a COWIN Tutorial on regulation compliance, followed by sessions on the medical devices aspect of Micro-Nano-Bio Systems, the Internet of Things and a review of roadmaps for the exploitation of Smart System.
Throughout the 3-day event, there will be a poster exhibition that will illustrate Smart Systems projects, and showcase innovative products and technologies, as well as a COWIN Marketplace.
For information on the event, please go to www.smart-systems-integration.org/annual_forum or contact Petra Weiler (firstname.lastname@example.org phone +49 30 31 00 78-161).
For detailed information on the event see http://www.smart-systems-integration.org/annual_forum.
The full conference programme is available at http://www.smart-systems-integration.org/annual_forum/programme.
To register for the event go to http://www.smart-systems-integration.org/annual_forum/registration.
If you are interested in exhibiting a poster see http://www.smart-systems-integration.org.
Smart Systems Integration; micro systems technology