COMPRAIL'96: Computer-aided design, manufacture and operation in railways and advanced mass transit systems
The fifth international conference on "Computer-aided design, manufacture and operation in the railway and other advanced mass transit systems", COMPRAIL'96, will take place in Berlin, Germany, on 21-23 August 1996.
The aim of the conference is to provide participants with an overview of recent progress in the use of computer-based techniques in the business management, design, manufacture and operation of railways and other advanced passenger and freight transit systems. The conference will bring together railway management, consultants, railway engineers (including signal and control engineers), designers of advanced train control systems and computer specialists.
Topics to be covered include:
- High-speed railway applications;
- Mass transit applications;
- System monitoring and control;
- Commercial applications;
- Maintenance and asset management;
- Data definition and open systems;
- Freight applications;
- Radio-based systems;
- Research topics involving artificial intelligence;
- Expert systems applications;
- Transmission-based signalling and communications;
- Business management applications;
- Statutory regulations;
- Safety management systems.
Participants wishing to submit a paper to the conference are invited to submit abstracts of less than 300 words, by 29 March 1996, to the conference secretariat.
For further details, please contact:
COMPRAIL'96 Conference Secretariat
Ms. Sue Owen
Wessex Institute of Technology
Southampton SO40 7AA
Tel. +44-1703-293223; Fax +44-1703-292853