The joy of learning: Implementing learning in the learning society
As part of the European Year of Lifelong Learning, a conference on "The joy of learning: Implementing learning in the learning society" will be held in Espoo and Rovaniemi, Finland, on 17-20 June 1996. It is organized by the European Commission and the European Lifelong Learning Initiative (ELLI).
The conference will focus on the following five themes relevant to the development of lifelong learning in Europe:
- The new European workplace;
- Learning organizations in a learning society;
- Understanding and managing change;
- Lifelong learning skills, values and competencies in Europe;
- New learning methods.
In addition, a series of strand sessions will discuss what each sector of the community can do to enhance and maintain the "employability" of Europeans. Topics to be discussed include:
- The nature of work in the 21st century;
- Learning demands in the new workplace;
- Analysis of the European job market;
- Lifelong learning to create a more competitive Europe.
For further information, please contact:
KaKo Congress Services
PO Box 762
Tel. +358-0-440822; Fax +358-0-492810
Helsinki University of Technology
Lifelong Learning Institute Dipoli
Ms. Mari Lius: Tel. +358-0-4514009
Mr. Anders Hagström: Tel. +44-1223-332722
Further information may also be found on the World Wide Web at: