Top facilities for top scientists
The “Capacities” programme aims to optimise the use and development of research infrastructures, while enhancing the innovative capacities of SMEs to benefit from research. The programme is designed to support regional research-driven clusters and at the same time unlock the research potential in the EU’s convergence and outermost regions. Support is to be provided for horizontal actions and measures underlining international cooperation. Finally, European society and science should be brought closer under the initiatives of the “Capacities” programme.
“Capacities” will operate in seven broad areas:
• Research infrastructures;
• Research for the benefit of SMEs;
• Regions of knowledge and support for regional research-driven clusters;
• Research potential of Convergence Regions;
• Science in society;
• Support to the coherent development of research policies;
• International co-operation.