The ASSERT main goal is to improve the system and software development process for critical embedded real-time systems, in the Aerospace and Transportation domains by:
- Identifying and developing proven critical system families architecture, using a proof based development process supported by formal notations, component models, and innovative processes and tools.
- Developing associated building blocks that can be composed, tailored and verified in open frameworks that shall be reused and shared by European teams across multi domain projects.
Challenges addressed by ASSERT are:
- System and software design that are mostly based on empirical approaches (design by trial and error approach)
- Poor co-operation between system and software teams.
- Critical Real Time Embedded Systems (RTES) projects too often restarting from scratch and with no anticipation on future needs.
Solutions that ASSERT will develop are:
- Anticipation of future needs by identifying standardised building blocks and producing reference architecture for system families.
- Definition of a new system and software co-engineering approach based on proof obligations at each development step.
- Improvement of the co-operation and communication between system and SW development teams by using a preferred formalisms such as AADL (Avionic Architecture Description Language)
- A set of standardised and customisable building blocks for transportation applications that will be available in open-source and stored in open repositories managed by space and aeronautic authorities.
Funding SchemeIP - Integrated Project
75116 Paris 16
75794 Paris Cedex 16
92350 Le Plessis Robinson
75634 Paris 13
92322 Chatillon Cedex
118 63 Stockholm
SN14 0GB Chippenham, Wiltshire
36201 Pontevedra - Vigo
CW12 1AB Congleton
35122 Padova (Pd)