The overall objective of the project is to encourage and facilitate the participation of organisations from the IST sector originated from the New Member States and Candidate Countries in the activities of the IST priority. The most important countries from central and eastern Europe will take part in the project, namely Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Turkey. Organisations from France, Portugal, UK and Sweden specialised and highly experienced in IST and in the setting up of European research projects will also participate.
This will be achieved by reaching the following specific objectives:
- To enhance the awareness of IST-related RTD centres and SMEs from the CEEC on FP6 and on the 2nd priority,
- To stimulate the networking of researchers in the IST sector,
- To facilitate partner searching for the creation of consortia,
- To support researchers and SMEs originated from the CEEC to participate in FP6,
- To promote CEEC research competencies in IST, 6. To publish synthetic information about IST in the CEEC.
The project will start with the realisation of a screening of IST RTD centres and SMEs from the CEEC. A detailed on-line free database and a web portal will then be developed and be used as the network support. After this phase, working groups will be constituted to favour the networking of RTD organisations, and incubate new project ideas on 4 thematic areas. Simultaneously, assistance to CEEC organisations willing to participate to the activities of FP6 priority 2 will be provided.
The project will complete and be linked to all other on-going IST SSAs aiming at increasing FP6 participation in the CEEC (GET-IN, IDEAL-IST, IST MENTOR and EUROPEAN IST). The dissemination of project results, as well as linking with existing networks will be ensured by the participation of partners from NCP, IRC and BIC networks.
Funding SchemeSSA - Specific Support Action
412 96 Goeteborg
110 00 Praha 1
67443 Tel Aviv
70212 Bucuresti 2