The MODIBEC project is a 24 months multi-partner Coordination Action that intends to promote and support RTD cooperation between EU and China on Digital Broadcasting technologies especially the convergence with Mobile Communications. It will bring European and Chinese key players in Digital Broadcasting / Mobile convergence areas closer to concrete business opportunities and make recommendations for future actions.
The main objectives are to:
- Create closer links between European and Chinese Digital Broadcasting and Mobile Communications experts from the industry, research and public sectors to encourage EU-China cooperation on research / application projects, joint ventures, etc.;
- Define a common approach to standardisation issues and political strategies to not only strengthen the European industry position on the China market, but also help the Chinese authorities to use the European experience when defining Chinese standardisation;
- Support added-value converged technologies in China and their interoperability with the EU deployed solutions;
- Increase the visibility of the European industry and support the industry to respond to emerging business opportunities;
- Leverage previous and ongoing EU-China IST projects in the same areas by organising conferences, exchange and dissemination of good practice;
- Enhance the European participation in major Chinese events, e.g. the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games and the Shanghai 2010 EXPO;
- Strengthen the international cooperation activities, and to focus on more concrete priorities for implementation in China and allow the industry to improve the preparation of successful cooperation projects with the Chinese counterparts.
The main activities of MODIBEC will be to organise events e.g. workshop, live demonstrations of applications, etc. in China and the EU. The main outcome will be trans-national networks of key stakeholders that can help define the priorities, research needs and future cooperation.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business
Funding SchemeCA - Coordination action
78700 Conflans Sainte Honorine