Mobile services are a hot topic nowadays. Deployment of TV on Mobile has started some time ago with the availability of high performance 3G networks and phones. In a lot of European countries and the USA the first generation of TV services based on a mobile broadcast standard is being tested and evaluated and the commercial rollout is almost starting.
MOBISERVE has the objective to do research in the field of convergent interactive services using rich-media information. Not all the standards and related technology is available yet. MOBISERVE will design and evaluate innovative solutions for these "second phase" highly interactive services. The starting point will be new user scenarios related to big events like the Olympic games in Beijing in 2008. Two user scenarios will be defined at the games itself. Moreover, one scenario how to "relive" the games at home using the home cinema and another one related to the experience of the service at a hotspot through service relay. MOBISERVE will access the value and user feedback regarding the services by a trial during the Olympics.
Key results are expected in the field of:
- New interactive rich-media service scenarios for public visiting sports events.
- Enabled by an innovative interactive service application platform.
- The value of the service is tested with a user focus group during a trial at Olympics Beijing.
- An adaptation to software, API's and related standards to enable convergent services in mobile
phones originating from various sources (e.g. DVB-H, GPRS, WLAN).
- Technology to deal with (electronic) coexistence of multiple channels in a terminal.
- Technical options to "relive" the sports events experience at home and through a service relay at a hotspot.
Field of science
- /engineering and technology/electrical engineering, electronic engineering, information engineering/information engineering/telecommunications/mobile phone
Funding SchemeSTREP - Specific Targeted Research Project
5621 JG Eindhoven
100085 Haidian District, Beijing