URBAN TECH will support the acceleration of competitive success of European SMEs through market launch of new or significantly improved products and services with higher value (with higher quality, increased access, eco-innovative, resource efficient and internationally scalable). In long term perspective (strategic objective), URBAN TECH will innovate and increase the competitiveness of European Health Tech, Smart City and Greentech industries globally.
• Offering innovative solutions to cross-sectoral and cross-border challenges, either public or private.
• Bringing together different stakeholders of the industry value-chain to cooperate and innovate together.
• Supporting SMEs and start-ups in scaling their solutions and products globally.
Advanced partnership of cluster and innovation support organisations from 9 countries, entrepreneurial and innovation support measures providers to SMEs and start-ups, mediators between the societal stakeholders needs and solution providers. Partners’ network bringing together 3 500 start-ups and SMEs and wider outreach to 20 000.
The core outputs of the project:
• 300 clustered challenges from 9 countries and beyond
• Online Open Space, based on Virtual Library of Challenges structured around Health Tech, Greentech and Smart City industries
• 320 collaborative innovation ideas for solutions by SMEs selected for industry hackathons through Open Call
• 16 international industry hackathons, resulting in 80 cross-border and cross-sectoral innovation projects selected for incubation and 1st stage of support (in total, max up to 10 350 €)
• ~30 projects selected for 2nd stage support (20-30 k €) for large scale testing and demonstration to deliver minimal viable products (MPVs)
• 20 projects selected for Going Global stage support (up to 14 k €)
• 20 tested and demonstrated products, partnerships and further public & private funding attracted through project business development and going global support in 3-5 years
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeIA - Innovation action
81 703 Sopot