This network involves the training of researchers to acquire particular skills in the highly interactive field of chemical biology & biomedicine. It will rely on the interplay with the emerging concept of Constitutional Dynamic Chemistry to produce molecular diversity, and Glycobiology as a field of application. Dynamic chemistry allows for the generation of large compound arrays based on reversible processes, and enables the acquisition of new structures applicable to the study of complex carbohydrate interactions. Understanding these interactions is of great importance in biology and will eventually lead to new biomedical applications.
The specific objectives are to:
1. Provide advanced interdisciplinary training in chemical biology & biomedicine, using a dynamic chemistry/glycobiology platform, to early stage- and experienced researchers. These will undergo highly interactive research projects, encompassing chemistry, biology, medicine and biophysics, addressing the development of new applications in glycobiology. Intense courses and workshops will provide a profound theoretical basis and prepare them for successful futures in European R&D.
2. Provide international and intercultural training in a network of highly skilled research groups throughout Europe. The extended cultural integration asks for human resources with solid understanding and communicative skills, and the programme is designed to provide trained scientists that are resting on European cultural grounds, capable of challenging international competition.
3. Provide intersectorial training between academic groups and industrial partners. A strong hold on industrial research prerequisites is key to successful training in all aspects of science and technology, and the programme aims to introduce the researchers in corporate research. Special emphasis will be put on training in entrepreneurship, enabling the development of future enterprises in the European biotech sector.
Fields of science
- medical and health sciencesbasic medicineimmunologyautoimmune diseases
- natural sciencesbiological sciencesbiochemistrybiomoleculesproteins
- natural sciencesbiological sciencesbiochemistrybiomoleculescarbohydrates
- natural sciencesbiological sciencesmolecular biologystructural biology
- natural scienceschemical sciencesorganic chemistry
- social scienceseconomics and businessbusiness and managemententrepreneurship
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call