- To evaluate the Paragon single wafer deposition system and a deposition process for heavily p+ and n+ doped amorphous and polysilicon thin films on technical, technological and productivity merits.
- To give special emphasis to throughput and cost of ownership of the deposition system and to reactor memory phenomena in connection with reactor cleaning and wafer surface preparation.
- To focus on process parameters such as uniformity and reproducibility of film thickness, resistivity and grain size.
- To compare costs of single wafer and batch furnace processing.
- To provide specifications for 300 mm processing in addition to the assessed 200 mm capabilities of the ASM I deposition system.
The performance of the ASM International Paragon single wafer polysilicon deposition system and process are to be assessed, improved and compared with batch systems. The assessment will be on 200 mm silicon wafers. Specifications for 300 mm processing will also be established.